Tuesday, June 29, 2010




Here's the front of the card I made for my sister-in-law. I love the stamp set I used, it's LATE4BDAY from the Stamps of Life.
Check out her site, she has awesome galleries full of examples made with her stamps and her stamps really are fantastic. They are clear stamps that stamp so well!!

Anyway, the card is late (imagine that in my world) so the turtles were the perfect choice. I stamped them with Versamark ink, then embossed with black embossing powder. I colored them in with water color pencils and used a water brush to blend the pencil in. I cut the turtles out and after stamping the grass and flowers (same stamp set) adhered the turtles with foam tape dots and then stamped and colored in the hats with markers and cut them out and adhered them with foam tape dots. I used Stickles on the pom-poms on the hats and in the center of the flowers. The "Happy Birthday" was cut with my Cricut using the Funky cartridge.




Here is the inside of the card. The Happy Belated Birthday is from the LATE4DAY card set and the cupcake stamp is from the regular birthday stamp set HappyBday2U. Really love these stamps.
Now off to bed for me so that I can get up tomorrow and get some more creative work done!!

No comments: