Thursday, April 9, 2009

Some more to show you

I showed you the Glimmer Mist layout as I thought it really had some pop. Now I want to show you what I did with a stencil from Club Scrap.

This is just a plastic stencil (if it's made from more high tech stuff than that, forgive me Tricia!!) and basically, I just laided it down on the paper, held it securely with my left hand (I'm right handed) took a make up sponge and loaded it with dye based black ink (Whispers was the name brand) and pounced it on the stencil until it covered the paper that was exposed. On the "The Great Outdoors" I hand tore the paper around the image and attached it with foam tape. On the tree image I then took the Marvy Velvet Markers and put some white here and there, kind of where it looked like it should go, and then used my heat gun to make the markers kind of puff up a bit.

All if it was quite simple. The end result I think was pretty awesome though. The papers were from Club Scrap and I can't say enough about the quality of their papers and the idea for the marker came from Michael Strong of Michael Strong stamps. (His stamps are out of this world amazing!!) Anyway, let me know what you think of this as well!!



I hope that I've inspired you to make something. Go be creative!!
God bless and show me your creativity!!
LeighAnn

No comments: