Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sharing my love

I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite things. The only problem I'm having is where to start. Do you want to know about my favorite scrapbook products? my favorite TV shows? my favorite anything?

First I'll sing praises to a podcast I think I've sung praises to before...but sometimes I can't help myself. You HAVE to check out Diva Craft Lounge. Diva Danielle and Rayme the Duke of Crafts are FANTASTIC!! I try to listen to them live on Wednesdays when I'm off, otherwise each and EVERY podcast is saved in my Itunes and my favorites are on my Ipod. They interview the BEST guests and they always inspire me to keep creating. PLEASE check them out and let me know what you think. Let them know what they think as well...they have a blog too
http://scrapbooksrubberstampsandcrafts.blogspot.com/

Now on to magazines. Now, I'll admit I subscribe to EVERY scrapbook magazine on the market (I think) but I do have a favorite or two. Scrapbook Ect is my favorite. To me it's a middle of the road scrapbooking magazine and would work well for the beginner or the advanced scrapbooker.
Check out their web page and all that they have on there. It's almost as good as the "paper" edition http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/ call me old fashioned...I still like paper and books. However their website has TONS of information on it and there are paper piecing templates galore on it as well as all kinds of tips.

Now on to product. Right now I'm totally into bling. So, when I'm speaking of favorites I'm not even talking name brands here, I'm just talking what I like. I ordered some awesome adhesive mini pearls from Paper Wishes (I'll talk more about Paper Wishes in a bit) that I love and I have all these little adhesive rhinestones that I think are from Doodlebug Designs. I know I dropped a name there, but with a name like Doodlebug, how can you NOT like them? Anyway, I've been buying little "jewels" here and there. I have some rhinestones from Heidi Swap too that I can't wait to use. Part of my whole favorite thing right now is bright and cheery as well. Can't tell I'm over winter can you?!! After all the gray days we've been having, I've had to do layouts like the ones I posted in my last blog. It goes back to the happy vibe thing...who doesn't need a happy vibe?!

Now I really believe in shopping at your local scrapbook store. I don't mean the "box" stores either, though they are nice. I mean your local small business scrapbook stores. However, they are closing left and right. Here in Franklin, we don't have any and the ones that are a reasonable drive away are closing faster than I can get to them. Even my very most favorite store in the whole world Scrap N Nook that was in New Berlin, WI has closed...that one brought me to tears!! Anyway, without those stores to go to I've had to find alternative ways to find my favorite products. I tend to turn to the Internet, as with gas prices and time it's much more convenient, if you know what you want, to click a button and buy it. So, my FAVORITE online store is Paper Wishes. Check them out at http://www.paperwishes.com/ . There's a lot of reasons I'm really impressed with them. For one, they carry an amazing selection of product AND my favorite part is that they do weekly webisodes showing you how to USE the amazing products. How can you not love that?! Their customer service is bar none and if you email Sara Naumann she will email you back!! After you watch a couple of webisodes you feel like friends and they really teach you some awesome things. I highly recommend you check out their templates!! I've never seen anything like them anywhere else and I own ALL of them!!

I have many more favorites, but I think I've babbled enough and given you enough web addresses to check out. I do intend, at some point to actually write a blog that gives you all the web addresses I have for videos, and so on so that you can bookmark them and check them all out.

I have so many things that inspire my creativity that I want to share with you. I think we have so much to share with each other. So make sure you share back!!

Be creative,
God bless,
LeighAnn

No comments: