Friday, May 14, 2010

What I've been making


I only have a few moments to get this blog post started before it's time to leave and go to my church for movie night and watch "Faith Like Potatoes."
This is the front cover to a mother's day book I made for my mother. I haven't gotten her reaction yet, as I mailed it a bit late, but I'm sure hoping she likes it. I'll either edit this post and add more pictures of the book or start a new post.
I've realized that I'm just plain happier when I'm creating. Sure, the laundry doesn't always get put away, or the house may need to be picked up, but I'm just HAPPIER. It seems like putting together a piece of this and a bit of that and having it turn into something worthy of a gift or something that preserves a memory is very fulfilling!!
I have been paying attention to the "happiness level" or "satisfaction level" of the people in my life. I can tell you, the people who are creative are living happier lives. I'm seeing people with little or no money, material possessions, and things that most people think "bring happiness" being happy and able to deal with the blows life deals them. I'm also seeing people that should be "over the moon" with all the money they have and/or worldly possessions suffering. I can't swear that it's just creativity, maybe it's the whole hobby thing...having something to do that is all your own; but regardless I'm seeing happiness in people that some would think should be miserable.
Enough of me on my soapbox (though I'm sure I'll hop on it again from time to time.) The point is, enjoy the things in life that bring you lasting happiness.
I think I'll end this post here as Lisa should be here to pick me up for movie night any time now, but know there will be more to follow, maybe even tonight.
Happy creating!!
LeighAnn

No comments: